Monday, May 30, 2011

Silly Thing #12

12 Silly Things About Me:

1)   I cannot resist a good “that’s what she said” joke.  I want to be better than that, but I’m not.

2)   I make up songs all of the time.  Not good songs.  I would consider them similar to Facebook statuses.  They are about mundane things that no one else cares about but, by putting it out there in a different medium, it makes them appear more interesting.

3)   I speak for my dogs and they each have a specific voice.  I speak in that voice to express what I think their thoughts are at that moment.  Jay does it too – lest you think I’m the only weird one in the house.  Usually I’m trying to make Jay laugh.

4)   The other night when I was going to bed and was so tired, I got really excited that I didn’t have to set my alarm to get up the next morning.  Like overly excited to the point that I was giggling crazily. 

5)   I struggle to maintain my composure while trying to scold my sons for inappropriate potty humor. 

6)   Once a movie or song has been parodied well (‘well’ being the key word), I can no longer take the original version seriously.  ‘Walk the Line’ is now just as funny to me as ‘Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story’, ‘Gangsta’s Paradise’ is always ‘Amish Paradise’.  Most American Presidents and their mannerisms so that the State of the Union addresses become comical.  The list could go on and on.

7)   This song never stops being funny to me…ever.  Business Time
8)    I love when Facebook statuses (and follow up posts) go awry.

9)    I love puns.

10)  My dog got a plastic flowerpot stuck on his head and ran around the yard for a few minutes  
       before he could remove it.  Funniest thing ever and I had to hear the story from my 7 year old  
       because I wasn’t downstairs yet.  I don’t know if I could have physically handled the funny of 
       actually seeing it happen.

11)  Putting a straw under your armpit and then blowing into the other end of the straw makes for 
       some funny and immature entertainment.

12)  No matter how slow anyone drives up our street, there is a crazy neighbor who will run down his 
      driveway shaking his fist at you.  We’ve tried driving at or well below the speed limit and, it
      doesn’t matter, if he’s out, he will shake his fist at you.  Jay saw this neighbor drive for the first
      time out of our neighbor and the dude was a CRAZY driver.  Swerving, running red lights…what 
      a weirdo!  We now just wave to him.

1 comment:

  1. Business Time is the best! I've watched it about 100 times. Dave is no longer amused.

    ReplyDelete